Re: Disaster and travel aroid show

  • Subject: Re: Disaster and travel aroid show
  • From: SelbyHort@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:34:31 -0500 (CDT)

I don't know when the airports will open but I am sure when they do open that
schedules will all be drastically altered to allow for increased security. I
have a ticket out of Boston for next Thursday but doubt seriously that Logan
airport will be open with all the investigations, etc. I think all of us who
travel must be flexible and rethink our plans. Some of us may not be able to
attend the meeting as we hoped.

I do know that Amtrak is running and they are adding extra trains as they can
fit it in. Amtrak is honoring air tickets, so there must be some kind of
exchange policy with them and the airlines. You might check with Amtrak about
this. There is a train to Miami. So many travelers are stranded so they are
working hard to make transportation available but it won't be so easy to
travel for quite a long time ahead.

I had heard that gas prices had been frozen but I guess that did not happen.
The prices will stabilize after some of the panic subsides. There were quite
a few people buying up fuel thinking they would not have another chance to
get any and this demand drove the prices up in some places.

We have all been touched deeply in ways we will never fully grasp. It is, as
Betsy mentioned, a critical time for all of us to meditate, focusing on our
inner reserves to creatively transform our fears into positive vision.

<< Since the disaster in New York will the aroid show still go on? I am sure
 some would be scared to fly after this tragedy. I was planing on leaving on
 Monday but would really need to know what the situation is going to be. I
 have heard gas going up to 4.50 if that is the case me driving would be
 extremely expensive. If their are any changes please post them I truly need
 to know. THANKS