Re: Colors

  • Subject: Re: Colors
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 19:23:37 -0500 (CDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: Petra Schmidt <petra@plantdelights.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2001 4:18 PM
Subject: Colors

Dear Friends,

Thanks to Ray and Geoff for the response, I am glad that yours grew and are
doing well!   They seem to really like a LOT of sun at Bobby`s place, they
then produce very 'stout' and beautiful petioles, not long and thin like
I`ve seen in some green-house grown plants of this.

Petra---a couple years ago I came across a 'stray' Amorphophallus sp. leaf
growing out of a 45 gal pot at a tree-farm, the owner had NO idea what it
was or how it got there, I tried to dig it out w/ my finger, but ended up
destroying the tuber as it was well-knotted in the pot-bound tree
roots---the interesting thing was that it stained my hand a bright
violet-purple!   Never discovered what species it was!
See you Sat!!

Julius

>>Now that you mention tuber colors, Julius...awhile ago I was slicing and
dicing Amorphophallus tubers ("experiment") and noted that there is a wide
range of internal tissue coloring, from oranges to creams to pinks and to
vivid purples...
Petra

Petra Schmidt
Research/Special Projects