Re: Spaths in the garden - update

  • Subject: Re: Spaths in the garden - update
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 22:00:59 -0500 (CDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: <magrysbo@shu.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2001 4:57 PM
Subject: Spaths in the garden - update

Dear Bonaventure,

I am not familiar with the terms 'Mazatecs' and  'ska Maria Pastora',
please tell us!!   The name I have for it in Cen. America is 'ki-ques-kay'.

>>The yautia in my sunny front yard is huge! 2' satiny leaves just clearing
the ground on thick steroid-pumped appearing stems. I've got to find that
damned roll of film to be developed! I fear, as the Mazatecs who will not
plant ska Maria Pastora around their abodes, that it will grow up and
envelop my house!
---------------------- Forwarded by Bonaventure W Magrys/ADM/SHU on
09/24/2001 05:17 PM ---------------------------

Bonaventure W Magrys
05/22/2001 03:04 PM

To:   aroid-l@mobot.org

Subject:  Spaths in the garden  (Document link: Bonaventure W Magrys)

I recently picked up an inexpensive 4" pot of Spathiphyllum at the local
mega-hardware store. Its full of growths and just as last year they will be
planted around in woodland gardens where they continue to grow until frost.
Bonaventure W. Magrys
130 Hilltop Blvd.
Cliffwood Beach, NJ 07735-6001
USA zone 7

PS. A 'yautia' tuber from a local supermarket has been potted up and is
sprouting. Is this Xanthosoma violacea?