Re: [aroid-l] ZZ Plant

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] ZZ Plant
  • From: Plantbob@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 16:28:58 EDT

Hi,
I do the ordering for all of the tropical plants for the Home Depot
greenhouse in Upper Darby, Pa.  I have been ordering the ZZ plant for about 6
month now in 10" pots.  They sell for $12.96 and do sell fast.  When we first
received them as 'assorted foliage', I had to call the growers in Florida.
Even they had doubts as to what it was.  After talking to the "hort guy" (in
charge of growing) at the grower, I was able to obtain the real name,
Zamioculcas zamiifolia.  He stated that the growth habit is shade and let the
soil dry before watering.  I know the foliage growers in Fl. have giant shade
houses, so I assume that is where they would grow the ZZ.  It would be nice
to hear from one of the Fl. commercial foliage growers for their comment.
Bob K