Re: [aroid-l] ZZ Plant

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] ZZ Plant
  • From: Piabinha@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 23:35:17 EDT

In a message dated 9/6/2002 3:20:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
petra@plantdelights.com writes:

> Yes, this one is an odd aroid...I've used it in propagation class to
> demonstrate leaf cuttings; they form bulbs very easily.

they do, but take forever to sprout a new leaf.  last year i had a hanging
basket fall on my Zz plant and i didn't want to throw out the 20 or so broken
leaves, so i rooted them all.  they finally started sprouting a couple of
months ago.

my plant blooms all the time in a north window.  this is an incredible plant
since it can take low light, high light, somewhat cold temps and hot weather.
 just don't overwater and you won't be able to kill it.

i've noticed that my plant has more spear-shaped leaflets whereas other
plants i've seen have more rounded ones.  i wonder if there are other
varieties out there.

tsuh yang CHEN in NY