Re: [aroid-l] Strange leaf anomalies in Colocasia

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Strange leaf anomalies in Colocasia
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 07:42:19 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <MossyTrail@cs.com>
To: <aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu>
Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2002 7:48 PM

In a message dated 9/6/2002 5:16:11 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ju-bo@msn.com
writes:

> You will also see this in some aroid blooms, tho
> spadices or spathes, or partially divided spadices/spathes.   There was a
> discussion some time ago when One member reported a twin spadix.

Dear Jason,

It might have been!   I remember that several people came back w/ stories
ofthe same type of experiences they were having with several aroids that had
'double' spadices and leaves.    I THINK I spoke about a double spadix I had
come across on a Philo. 'Xanadu'.

Good growing!

Julius

>>I forget -- was that me, with the Caladuim spadix?

Jason Hernandez
Naturalist-at-Large<<