[aroid-l] request for a photograph for an exhibit (fwd)

  • Subject: [aroid-l] request for a photograph for an exhibit (fwd)
  • From: Steve Marak samarak@arachne.uark.edu
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 22:08:42 -0500 (CDT)

I received the following note today, with which no doubt a number of you
can help.

Elijah is not a member of Aroid-L, so please remember NOT to just reply to
this message as he will not see it. You must send directly to him at:

My name is Elijah Mermin. I am an exhibit's intern at the UC Berkeley
Botanical Garden. I am making an exhibit for the Garden's Tropical House. I
am writing to you due to your affiliation with the aroid-L. I am trying to
obtain a photograph of the native habitat that "elephant's ear" (Alocasia
zebrina) is found. I know it originates from  Southeast Asian tropical
rainforests. I am wondering if you could forward this message to someone who
might have photos of the native habitat where this plant is found.
Elijah Mermin

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@arachne.uark.edu