Re: [aroid-l] Calla lily

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Calla lily
  • From: "Cooper, Susan L." SLBryant@scj.com
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:19:35 -0500

Hello Dan,
I've never germinated my seeds (successfully).  I've been hoping someone
more knowledgeable would have answered, but I'll give it a shot!
The calla lily (Zantedeschia) seeds should not be dried.  Using gloves,
remove the fruity part of the seed to expose the inner seed.  The pulp can
be irritating....  A person I know who germinated successfully put the seeds
in a moist paper towel and put into a ziploc bag until the seeds germinated.
I hope this helps!  I don't know about the rest period- I don't think they
need that.