Re: [aroid-l] A. Titanum cloned (fwd)

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] A. Titanum cloned (fwd)
  • From: StroWi@t-online.de (StroWi)
  • Date: 18 Sep 2003 09:29 GMT

Bill,
thanks for your reply.

But this is really surprising, since the cloning gel seems to be nothing but a very weak N-P-K fertilizer.
And that the leaf cutting rooted without a rooting hormone like Naphtalene acetic acid or something similar astonishes me.

I surprized, too, that the cloning gel leaf cuttings at last performed better than the Rootone ones.

I would like to repeat these experiments myself with a higher replication number per treatment, but my titanums are not higher than 50 cm till now, so that I cannot take enough leaf cuttings. Maybe in year or two.....
Since the position of the leaflet within the whole leaf could also influence the response of the leaflet, it might be interesting to compare leaflets from different positions.

However....

Good further cloning,
Bernhard.