Re: [aroid-l] rooting Philodendron cuttings

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] rooting Philodendron cuttings
  • From: Neil Crafter golfstra@senet.com.au
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:57:27 +0930

Lester
To my knowledge, all Philodendrons develop roots only in the zone immediately below the internode, at least all the ones I have in my collection do.
Unable to help with the plant itself, although regarding the name, Tom Croat has restored the name P.hederaceum var. oxycardium for the common plant previously called scandens and oxycardium. Have not seen this particular cultivar out here in Australia yet, but if its a tissue cultured plant, no doubt we will soon.
kind regards
Neil
Neil Crafter
Adelaide, Australia