RE: [Aroid-l] A. konjac problems

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] A. konjac problems
  • From: "Charles Gramling" <chazmg1@citlink.net>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:47:11 -0500

I am in Minnesota between zone 4 and zone 3 and I have had my konjac (my first Amorphophallus) for only 3 years, but each year it has increased in size & number of offsets. I have put it in a 5 gallon pot on my deck facing south. I keep it moist and fertilize regularly (every couple of weeks). I have used a 15-15-15 and alternating with miracle gro and have even thrown in some super phosphate now and again. I wait until the frost kills the leaves and take the bulbs out and clean and dry them until spring planting. I can’t say I know for sure what I am doing – but so far so good.

Chuck Gramling