[Aroid-l] Amorphophallus - dormancy temperatures

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus - dormancy temperatures
  • From: Baumfarn Webmaster webmaster@baumfarn.at
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:29:26 +0200

Hi,
I have several Amorphophalli:
A.albus, A.bulbifer, A.dunnii, A.henryi, A.hewittii, A.kiusianus, A.konjac, A.lambii, A.napalensis, A.paeoniifolius, A.titanum, A.yunnanensis
Some others are still sprouting ... don't think that I would overwinter them this year.

But I have only 2 possibilities to place them during dormancy.
Basement: Even in coldest winter, most times temperatures around 18 degrees Celsius
Fridge: Temperatues around 5-8 degrees Celsius

On A.titanum I know its *very* tropic and basement would be the best for it.
But what's with the others? Can someone help?

thanks
Peter

(2nd try)