Re: [Aroid-l] Aroids:

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Aroids:
  • From: "Russ" chammer@cfl.rr.com
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 00:02:18 -0400

Never mind, folks, mystery solved.  I found 2 labels buried in potting soil
and roots of the Philos in
question from Alberts & Merkel (whether or not they could be mature plants
of 'Painted Lady').  The labels
indicated they were 'Multicolor Hybrids'....proving convincingly to me that
they are indeed McColley hybrids
from the 1960s when he was hybridizing Philos.  Jean Merkle and McColley
knew each other in those days,
so it's natural that Jean would still have some of those old hybrids around.
I find this very interesting.

Anyone have conflicting data on 'Multicolor Hybrids??????????  Or can you
add information?

 I'm still looking for........

P. X 'mandaianum', with reddish leaves and red stem

P. 'Emerald King' and 'Emerald Duke'

Dieff x bausii

Anyone have for trade or purchase??

Russ