[Aroid-l] Japanese woodblock prints - many with aroids

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Japanese woodblock prints - many with aroids
  • From: Peter Matthews pjm@gol.com
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:43:21 +0900

Dear Aroid-L,

Every few months I gravitate to my local print shop, here in Kyoto, and discover wonderful woodblock prints, with images of plants in many different styles and contexts.

Last week, I found a series of prints with Arisaema, Arum, Caladium, and possibly others (the Colocasia prints I am keeping for my own research!).

If anyone would like to have such prints, I might be able to purchase a set and send them at cost price (print price and mailing cost).

If there is any interest in these (please indicate your overall price limit, postage included), then I might visit the shop again to see if anything of interest is still in stick, or newly added to the display.

The prints I have seen usually cost in the order of 10 - 60 USD, being hand made prints, usually from blocks that are copies of famous blocks, but sometimes also from original but less-famous blocks.

Peter M.

--
Peter Matthews (Dr)
National Museum of Ethnology

Websites:

The Research Cooperative http://www.researchco-op.co.nz

A meeting place for research writers, editors, translators and proofreaders

2003 Conference on Research Writing in Japan:

http://www.researchco-op.net/conference.html