[Aroid-l] amorph gigas/ goetzei

Dear all,
A couple years ago I received an amorphophallus tuber from Dr. Croat that was labeled gigas. It grew well last summer, but was still a small plant when it went dormant. To my surprise it flowered and fruited this year. But it surely is not gigas. The flower most resembles goetzei, and has many bumps or warts inside the lower spathe. It set seed with no help, and the fruits are a bright blue color. Has anyone else grown this or know the correct species? I would like to include some of the fruits/seeds in the aroid banquet auction. Thanks.

Don Bittel

Get a FREE small business Web site and more from Microsoft® Office Live! http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0930003811mrt/direct/01/