Re: [Aroid-l] Aroid art and recipe

>From : 	Susan B <honeybunny442@yahoo.com>
Sent : 	Saturday, September 1, 2007 1:10 PM
To : 	Aroid L <Aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject : 	[Aroid-l] Aroid art and recipe

Dear Susan,

I too wondered at the 'dead air" after my posting--no bother, you can`t win
'em all.
For those of us who MIGHT be interested, the painting which appeared in the
Sept. 2007 issue of "Smithsonian" mag. on page 79, is by a Dutch artist,
Albert Ecckhout, c. 1641 (!!!!!!), and is of a Brazilian Yapua "Indian"
Good Growing,

>>Maybe some of you are not interested and "zoned out" before the end of
>>Julius's email.... Julius is an excellent cook, often making use of Aroid
>>plant parts- leaves and tubers (or as Julius pronounces it, "chubas")
Here is his recipe- yikes~!
Julius, what was the name of the painting?

Aha!    A NEW recipe comes to mind!---
           ''Soup/calaloo of immature Xanthosoma leaves, cooked together
with neighbor`s arm and fingers, and boiled with 'chubas' of Xanthosoma,
with roasted and peeled Montrichardia 'nuts' floated on the side".
Desert --- a calabash-bowl of ripened and "river-chilled" Monstera deliciosa
fruit,  mixed with sun-ripened 'pois doux',  a-la-cart." !!!
NEXT year`s I.A.S. banquet in Miami can`t come around fast enough!!  "Bon
appitite" to all!

Good Growing,

Aroid-L mailing list