Re: ID needed - The Curse of Auto-Focus

At 10:17 AM 9/12/2008, ted.held@us.henkel.com wrote:

The blurry picture of the bloom is the result of that idiotic feature of "modern" cameras called "Auto-Focus". Notice how the far background comes in nice and sharp? In the old days (don't I sound like a real fogy?) the photographer made a simple adjustment so whatever she or he wanted to be in focus WAS in focus. Now that little artistic and scientific task is presumed by some computer chip that don't know nuthin. It is especially bad when it comes to close-ups.

So you are an ancient geezer also who speaks in terms of REAL CAMERAS? i used to be a photographer for one of my day jobs, a term I assume is familiar to musicians and artists and I was GOOD. gimme a digital camera and i am a MORON.

i am astounded however at the quality of the amateur photos in this place, they out do the photos I saw in books taken by real cameras up until about 12 years ago.

hermine