From: brian lee
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2008 2:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Anthurium ID

Dear Steve,

What would be important...and I am going to let you do the initial investigation...can you tie the collection numbers to locality data?  Just from reading the field notes...either Anthurium balaonum is a plastic, variable species...specifically the petioles and spadix color, etc. are different in the specimens listed.  My plant has characters that fit several of the notes,and not others.  My petioles are subterete and weakly sulcate on the adaxial surface.  My spadix, if memory is serving me, was yellow-green...not maroon at male anthesis...which the first specimen(#53706) is described as having...since the pollen is noted in this field observation.  When my plant next blooms, I will pay closer attention to details...as I really have only taken passing notice until this species became a subject of discussion.

Please connect the locality data to the numbers and whatever other details you can ferret out.