Re: Spathicarpa question

  • Subject: Re: Spathicarpa question
  • From: <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 08:48:22 +0000

________________________________
> Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:25:32 -0700
> From: tindomul1of9@yahoo.com
> To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
> Subject: [Aroid-l] Spathicarpa question

Dear Friends,

After seeing the photos of your plants leaves, it may be (accordingly to illustration "A", Plate #44, pg. 168 of TGOA) S. burchelliana.   We used to refer to this var./form/species as S. hastifolia because of the hastiform shape of the leaf blades.
It is also noted in the same book that it has a dormant season and starts growing at the beginning of the rainy season.
The only person who can give you a ''for certain'' ID on your plant is Dr. Eduardo Goncalves in Brazil.
Good Luck and Good Growing.

Julius