Re: Amorphophallus ID please

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus ID please
  • From: "Christopher Rogers" <CRogers@ecoanalysts.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:40:13 -0700

Thank you, Bobby!

D. Christopher Rogers
Invertebrate Ecologist

Telephone: 530.383.4798

EcoAnalysts, Inc.
PO Box 4098
Davis, CA 95616
USA

________________________________

From: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com on behalf of Bobby McGehe
Sent: Sat 12-Sep-09 11:53 AM
To: Discussion of aroids
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Amorphophallus ID please

Christopher
It is A. variabilis......
Bobby

________________________________

From: Christopher Rogers <crogers@ecoanalysts.com>
To: Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 1:35:24 PM

Thank you, Wilbert!

Okay, here are some better pictures. One with the cut away spathe. In case it is not obvious, the spathe has a deep red/purple/brown colouration at the spathe limb base, inside the inflorescence. I hope these will assist you in the ID.

Thank you for your time,

Christopher

D. Christopher Rogers

((,///////////=======<

EcoAnalysts, Inc.

1.530.383.4798

P.O. Box 4098

Davis, CA 95616

USA

Invertebrate Taxonomy

Endangered Species

Ecological Studies

Bioassessment

Invasive Species

Plankton

Phycology

IDAHO ? CALIFORNIA ? MISSOURI ? PENNSYLVANIA ? VANCOUVER

WWW.ECOANALYSTS.COM <http://www.ecoanalysts.com/>   ? ECO@ECOANALYSTS.COM <mailto:ECO@ECOANALYSTS.COM>