Re: Aquatic aroids

  • Subject: Re: Aquatic aroids
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 20:46:00 +0200

Hello,

Are the large plants (like Colocasia) in pots?
I don't think they would grow good in so shallow gravel.
What fertilizers do they use?

I also have a problem with long brown algae in a classical aquarium,
any fish doesn't eat them, and I don't know what to use not to kill plants and fishes.
The algae grow on everything, on plants, wood, stones and even on glass.
I reduced the lighting form 60W to 30W, but they still grow slowly killing the plants.
The dimensions of my tank are 100x40x50 cm (40x16x20 inches) - about 200 l.
Can anybody help?

Marek