Synandrospadix vermitoxicus - Seed Distribution

  • Subject: Synandrospadix vermitoxicus - Seed Distribution
  • From: Albert M Huntington <amh@ieee.org>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 16:33:23 -0700 (PDT)

Folks,

  I have returned home from the annual IAS Show and Sale with quite some number of what I assume are viable seeds of Synandrospadix vermitoxicus - a very interesting tuberous Aroid from South America.

  If you would like a couple, please send your name
and mailing address OFF THE LIST to amh@ieee.org

  Synandrospadix is occasionally seen in
cultivation, and seems to do well in a variety of climates, with reported successes from South Florida to cooler climes where established plants from some localities may survive freezes during a period of dormancy.  It's a handsome plant with a beautiful infloresence - you can see some pictures on the IAS website at:
http://www.aroid.org/genera/speciespage.php?genus=synandrospadix&species=vermitoxicus

  About the first 10 people to respond will receive
a few seeds at no charge, which should be planted in a well-drained mix and kept very warm and moist.  Germination may be slow in this species, especially if it's not kept warm and moist enough.

  Priority will be given to members of the IAS, contributors
to this list, and people who have sent me material in the past.

  AGAIN - DO NOT REPLY TO THE LIST - REPLY TO ME
PERSONALLY IF YOU WANT SEED

All the best,
Albert Huntington
Sunnyvale, California, USA