Strange Amorphophallus

This is Amorphophallus Yuloensis, supposedly.  I bought two tubers from the same seller last year.  I potted both of them up at the same time.  One tuber grew as to be expected, nice an healthy.  This one started to grow spikes but then they got mushy.  I suspected the tuber was rotting so I pulled it up and to my surprise it was fine, it had nice roots.  I cleaned off the mushy spikes and replanted it.  About a month later it put out new spikes that looked normal until they opened up.  Each leaf exibits the same lack of chlorophyll.  It doesnt seem to be getting any as the leaves have been up for a few weeks now.  The plant looks healthy except for the obvious.  What do you think the chances are it will survive?  What are your speculations on the cause of this?  If this plant does survive do you think it is likely something that will be carried on?  Thanks for any insight, thought you all might like to see it in any case.

Jason Sarine

Aroid-L mailing list