Re: Miami Show and Sale

  • Subject: Re: Miami Show and Sale
  • From: Shirley <shirleyk1@aol.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 21:59:13 -0500

     You were no slouch either. You were everywhere and always cheerful rather than anxious or fretful-- so thanks for excellent planning and execution.
      I have thought about the tent. I think it probably is a better option for capturing the unintentional guest/buyer/new member.   It seems and is more open and "strangers" can look in and get comfortable about joining the sale. I don't know how it felt for the vendors having no protected side. That would be an issue to learn from them. I think the increased floor space was better for the plants--less unintentional damage from people squeezing by. and you could step back and get a better look at them as well, prior to purchase.
       While I love the looks of that upstairs ballroom, the acoustics are a bit annoying.  Way too many echoes and noise that affected the presentation and the auction somewhat as we got more relaxed and a bit rowdier. I don't remember what it was like in the other room.
        Kudos to our Auctioneer and his "elves."  What a great job. It was fast and fun.  Well done.
         For my second year in a row, I had a terrific time. Neat people who like sharing info and always willing to help. And great teachers.
        Thanks to all,
   Shirley Kirkconnell
   New Orleans
See you next year!