Zantedeschia bloom?

After being on the Aroid-L a few weeks, I realize now that I have been
growing or at least trying to grow several aroids in my garden.  My
question, however, is in regard to my Zantedeschia or white flowered Calla
Lily.  I purchased the tubers several years ago at a discount retail store
such as Wal-Mart or K-Mart (I know, a hideous practice, isn't it?:).  The
plant has grown well each year, but has never bloomed.

I live in USDA Zone 8 on the border between Georgia and South Carolina
(U.S.A) with very hot and wet summers and first frost around November 15th,
last frost around March 15th.  I dug and moved these tubers at the end of
last summer and I would guess that the tubers were about 1.5-2.0 inches by
3.5-4.0 inches.  Granted, this summer it has been somewhat shaded by an
antique rose bush and a vigorous Iris tectorum.

My question:  When should my Zantedeschia plant normally bloom and what are
the factors critical for bloom for this genus of plants?  Extra water?
Heavy feeding? Length of growing season? Maturity of tubers?

-Donald

Donald Mosser
Member of AIS, HIPS, SIGNA, SSI, SLI, SPCNI, and IRIS-L
dmosser@southconn.com

North Augusta, South Carolina, USA
USDA Zone 7b-8