Re: Amorphophallus growing season (was konjac ques.)

>Now for my question: My larger titanum will probably hit my 10-foot roof
>this time. Is there any way to shorten the petiole without harming the
>growth of the tuber? Can't grow them outdoors here - all of my amorphos are
>killed by a few weeks of 105+ (40 C) temps.

No question about it Mark, you're going to have to dig a big hole in the
greenhouse floor and lower the pot into it!

Carlo

Carlo A. Balistrieri, J.D.        Email: CABalist@facstaff.wisc.edu
P.O. Box 327
Ashippun, WI 53003-0327
U.S.A.
Voice:     414.569.1902  Telefax: same number, please call ahead.