RE: Tuber Storage

----------
From: 	aroid-l@mobot.org on behalf of Rand Nicholson
Sent: 	Tuesday, September 09, 1997 9:16 PM
To: 	ju-bo@msn.com
Subject: 	Re: Tuber Storage

>>Hey Aroid Guys:

It is getting close to that time up here in Canada when the Amorphophallus,
Arisaema and just bulbs, corms and tubers in general start into their
dormant cycles.

How do we feel about treating tubers, esp. Amorphophallus and Arisaema with
sulphur dust as a fungicide before storing them? What other kinds of stuff
are used?

Kind Regards,

Rand

Rand Nicholson
New Brunswick
Maritime Canada, Z 5b
<writserv@nbnet.nb.ca><<<

Dear Rand,
A light dusting with the fungicide "Captan" seeme to do the trick.  It seems
to be the "friendliest" around, and I also treat seed with it with NO ill
effects.   I don`t know about sulphur, but perhaps someone else does?
Sincerely,
Julius
ju-bo@msn.com