Dear aroid people,

    Some time ago I asked some help with the control of slugs that was
chewing my living collection. I have follow your tips and the monsters
are controlled. Now I have another enemy to fight. THRIPS!!! They are
under the leaves of a lot of plants (Arisarum, Zantedeschia, Urospatha,
Dracontioides, Gearum, Typhonodorum, etc) and causes golden spots in the
blade. Seriously attacked leaves can dry out completely. I checked the
horticultural links at the IAS home page and found out it could be the
Greenhouse Thrip (Heliothrips haemorroidalis), that grows in warm and
humid environment.  Obviously, it can be another species (remember: I'm
living in a tropical country and there are insects everywhere!), but it
matches very well the description. They are said to occur only in
greenhouses there in the USA and Europe and mine aren't greenhouse
plants. Meanwhile, Brazil itself is a big greenhouse!
I'm completely stupid about pest control. What should I do?

Thanks in advance,

P.S. Who will be the next enemy in my garden? Martians?