Titan Watch 8/31/99, made it to 6 foot

Titan watch: 72.25"
Amorphophallus titanum 931146A
.The inflorescence made it over 6' last night. The growth obviously  hasn't
come to a stop as I had previously thought. There was little visual change
today in "Alice the Amorphophallus" as our Volunteer Coordinator has started
calling this plant. Since it has both sexes, she said "well it could be Alice
Cooper". Anyway it is better than the name "Mr. Stinky" that last years
flowering plant was tagged.

Craig M. Allen
Conservatory Manager 'Windows to the Tropics'
Fairchild Tropical Garden
10901 Old Cutler Road, Miami, Florida 33156
Tel. 305-667-1651 ext. 3320   FAX 305-661-8953
email: cm_allen@yahoo.com
Web site: http://www.ftg.org
Do You Yahoo!?