Auction

Yes, there will be an Auction at the IAS Meeting this Saturday night.

The following plants will be auctioned to the highest bidder....  These are
plants that Joep Moonen brought last year but were not put in the
Auction.....  They have been in the care of Denis Rotolante, VP of the IAS
for the past year.

 1.  one plant of Philodendron marijke....  I do not know what this one
looks like....  sorry, but it must be nice as it was named for Mrs. Moonen.

  2.  two plants of Philodendron callosum....  This one is a terrestrial
and has very rugos, upright blade type foliage....  very attractive dark
green with a tinge of red when grown in bright light...

  3.  two plants of philodedron billietae...  This one is a beauty...  has
hastate foliage but the petioles are yellow!  The overall color is lighter
green than most....

  4.  three plants of Philodendron bipennifolium...  See Exotica

  5.  one plant of Philodendron joepii....  This is the large leaf Philo
that was named for Joep....  For this one, you have to have lots of
room....

  6.  one plant of Anthurium moonenii....  This is a real beauty!!!  The
mature leaf is triparte and is bullate.  Almost as bullate as A.
splendidum....  But, it can get large...  up to 3 ft. across....  Truly,
one of the beauties of the genera....

Now, the auction will work this way....  you send me a bid... the highest
that you would be willing to pay for the plant.  If the bidding on the
floor stops at $50. and your bid to me was $100....  you will get the plant
for $55. if the bidding on the floor has been in $5. increments.  If the
bidding has been in $1. increments, you would get the plant for $56.
Actually, I will be bidding for you as the auction goes on the floor...
but, I will not exceed your maximum bid.   If your bid is successful, I
will notify you and you can send the IAS a check and the plant will be
mailed to you....  If there are any questions on this proceedure, send me a
quick e-mail.

Important!!!!  If you care to make a bid...

Send me a PRIVATE  E-MAIL to <plantnut@macconnect.com> with AUCTION  as the
subject.

I will check my e-mail as late as 3:30 pm eastern time on Saturday to see
if there are any further bids...  Sorry there is such sort time to get your
bids in....  Think about it and do it now....
Dewey

Dewey E. Fisk, Plant Nut
THE PHILODENDRON PHREAQUE
Your Source for Tropical Araceae