trip to dewey fiske's

	I had to miss the IAS show in Miami, but was in Davie on Thrusday for
busiiness, and took advantage of the time to go see Dewey Fiske and his
plants. It was a memorable trip, to finally meet the frequent contributor
to this list, and even better to see his plants. The collection of
amorphophallus is just stunning; its hard to believe that all these plants
are hidden away in a weedy corner of Davie, Florida. The philiodendron
house was more to my tastes, however, and I came away with a carload of
great plants. Dewey was more than happy to show me and my friend  around
the place for a couple of hours, even before he knew we were in a buying
mood. This is truly the beauty of plants, bringing diverse people together
through a shared love of plants, the beatutiful and the just plain wierd.
Thanks, Dewey.