Senior Gardening in Canada

Hi Yvonne, I just got caught up enough to respond to your message from Martha
Stiegman in Montreal.  I'm sorry I'm not in the office this week as I could
look this up so easily but there's a program called ROOTS n SHOOTS that is an
inter-generational gardening program with a full curriculum that you can send
for.  They are based in northern California and I can't remember the city but
either Descanso Gardens or the Arboretum uses their program in a successful
senior program on their grounds (or used to, it was run by a docent I
believe).  Then there's always the UC Master Gardener program in Fresno that
has that large senior program they do, but they built special raised beds to
accomodate the seniors and it's their design that I copied for our project we
did with the Retirement Home seniors last year.  If you look in my office you
might find the actual Roots n Shoots curriculum binder (black, 3-ring), if
someone has not "borrowed" it, either in the book shelves or the 3rd file
drawer down in the cabinet that is against the aisle.   Good luck, Bonnie