Tools/Frugal Gardening

Our Library just got a new gardening book in that's quite good.  It's called
The Frugal Gardener: How to Have More Garden for Less Money by
Catriona Tudor Erler, ISBN 0-87596-809-0.

In her resources section in addition to places mentioned earlier she suggests
for tools:
Alsto's Handy Helpers 1-800-447-0048
Dripworks 1-800-616-8321  http://www.dripworksusa.com
Gardener's Supply company 1-800--863-1700 http://www.gardeners.com
Kinsman Company 1-800-733-4146  http://www.kinsmangarden.com
The Natural Gardening Company 1-707-766-9303 http://www.naturalgardening.com
Plow and Hearth 1-800-627-1712

The book contains helpful lists of plants that are easy to grow and
also ones that are easy to reproduce.  There's lot's of info on how to
get and use free items that will do the job of expensive ones.  There's
also a project section on how to make traditional looking garden items
in frugal ways.  I'm only part way through the book, and so far think her
recommendations are good on the whole.  The only thing so far I would
avoid is her suggestions to grow privet hedges.

Sharon
gordonse@one.net