Political Action Committee Manhattan Community Board 4 Platform for Parks

Comrades,

This is the  Manhattan Community Board No. 4 Waterfront and Parks Committee
"Platform for Parks 2001". A conference document that went through several
revisions and much horse-trading, it was ratified last night.

 Personally, I would have preferred 2% for Parks instead of 1% and a
separate bullet for  Green Thumb http://www.greenthumbnyc.org/  instead of
it's placement under "Requirement Contracts" on page 2, but you never get
everything you want, but you demand it real hard until the final compromise.

Actually, it's not a badly written document and  might be helpful in
creating similar  "Platforms for Parks" by your Manhattan Community Boards.
It's always a good thing to slap our political class with alot of paper -
their  brighter aides actually read it and use it as a basis for the letters
they draft to appear over their boss's signature.

A tidal wave begins with a droplet of moisture.

 <<parks platform12.doc>>
Best wishes,

Adam Honigman
Tel: (212) 414-8933