Re: Marc Dick @ bed size

When I have built beds for other folks and renovated the gardens that I've managed, the plots have been @100 square feet. That has been plenty of room for anyone and a medium sized family. We have always set aside group-growing spaces for some fruits, the perennial herbs and medicinals, the big climbers, etc. The individual beds (this is my preference) are always no more than 4 feet wide. This allows you to work the space w/o stepping into it. I make people see how far they can comfortably reach, then build the bed based on that length (I double it and subtract a foot).

Good luck, Kyle from the Hares Breath in Mpls.