'in kind' donations & CA visits

  • Subject: [cg] 'in kind' donations & CA visits
  • From: SoleilPaz@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 11:11:25 EST

Hi All,

       Stoopid qwestion. But here goes: When soliciting for donations of time, materials or labor, do you have a specific approach, with a letter, or a something? How do you thank your donors? Follow up letter for tax purposes? I am not shy about the literal asking, just wondering if there's a formula anyone uses that is good bookkeeping and good community relations.

       My project is to get some pizzas or something dinnerlike donated for our 4 meetings in April. (Amongst the growing list of other stuff we need/want.) Then we dive in.

Also, I am looking for Northern CA CG's we can visit to eyeball operations, design, etc as we get to out nitty gritty planning sessions. Anyone wanna meet? Perhaps we need a CA CG organization??   --Soleil Tranquilli

The Elk Grove Community Garden

Soleil Tranquilli 685-8010

“In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions
on the next seven generations.” --Great Law of the Iroquoise Confederacy

The Elk Grove Community Garden  association exists to create and nurture community operated organic gardens in the City of Elk Grove. We are deeply committed to community pride and unity, preservation of open spaces and native habitat for biodiversity, teaching organic methods, encouraging sustainable living techniques and recycling. Honoring diverse abilities, ages and cultures. All gardeners welcome!

To banish yourself from our list, please send us a reply with Unsubscribe in the subject line and we'll remove you ASAP.