Re: Eileen-Older Gardeners

In a message dated 4/14/02 10:04:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
lsheard@wi-net.com writes:

> Eileen,
>  You might consider starting a children's garden at the "senior's" garden
> site.  The children would pull in their parents (hopefully) and would
> an intergenerational link to the seniors.  Just a thought.

I was thinking about this, too. There are some community gardens in
Philadelphia that I'm willing to bet have a waiting list. I wonder if some of
those wait-listed folks would be willing to take spaces in one of the
faltering gardens until their numbers come up for spaces in something closer
to home.

As another possibility, there are often suburban congregations looking to
make a positive contribution in the city. They can often be reached via their
regional governing bodies.

Laura Blanchard