getting off the farm for urban life

  • Subject: [cg] getting off the farm for urban life
  • From: "a.h.steely" gfcp@mindspring.com
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 10:12:19 -0500

The black man that said he got off the farm may be the Oklahoma
representative,  WATTS, J.C., JR., who just retired to spend more time with
his family.  So now the Republicans have no black reps or senators in the

Somehow we have to teach people to garden their suburban plots and tiny city
postage stamps so that they have food in reserve.  As for Phila., I believe
that Mr. Rendell boasts of gotten it back on its feet...  I have a friend
down there who told me that enormous numbers of people moved out of the city
to other parts of the country because of the food and job mess.  He did not
rebuild the city, it's population just dissipated.

If we loose this war and the Euro replaces the Dollar as the fiat scrip for
exchange of oil, this country will be glad for all of you community
gardeners.  Inflation will make post war Germany look like a wealthy nation.
Our debt of $12,000 per person makes us a third world nation.  If all of the
oil dollars came back to the Federal Reserve for their worth in gold or
silver every vacant lot would be put to use.

But that is a little off topic I am sure.  But it is just to let you know
that you will be appreciated in the future.

Helen Steely
Harrisburg, Pa.
(as a Dem, I did  vote for dorky Rendell, no other "choice"...)