RE: getting off the farm for urban life

  • Subject: RE: [cg] getting off the farm for urban life
  • From: "John Verin" jverin@Pennhort.org
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 12:43:32 -0500

Yes, we gardeners will be highly valued soon, sooner than many of us would care to admit. Multiple research sources indicate we have 50 years or less of farmable soil on the planet. Even less years for potable water. This isn't doomsday yada yada, this is science.
Stay steady, stay strong, and keep your tools in good shape.

Paco Verin
Citywide Project Coordinator - Philadelphia Green
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
100 N. 20th St.
Philadelphia, PA  19103
215-988-8885