RE: Re: I am sending you this as others can benefit from it too.

  • Subject: RE: [cg] Re: I am sending you this as others can benefit from it too.
  • From: "John Verin" jverin@Pennhort.org
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 12:09:14 -0400

I'll second the below message.
It's easy to be naive about "compost tea," and "compost," as well.
Compost tea, if improperly done, can brew elements that are harmful to your soil.
In addition to ingredients and conditions,
I'd recommend living by "everything in moderation" when it comes to applying these amendments.
Excessive application of either of these can skew the nutrient balance in your soil, and even make existing nutrients less accessible.
Gardener, know thy soil!

Paco Verin
Citywide Project Coordinator - Philadelphia Green
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
100 N. 20th St.
Philadelphia, PA  19103
215-988-8885