Re: Nickel & Dimed Community Garden Style

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Nickel & Dimed Community Garden Style
  • From: "Robyn Stewart" Robyn.Stewart@parks.nyc.gov
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:38:41 -0400

Re:
This year I am encouraging all of the gardeners to plant a little extra that they can share with the local emergency food organizations so those who are too busy to plant can still enjoy the harvest.

I second this  plant just a little bit extra to share it's minimal extra work on your part, but can be so positive for people who otherwise never get garden fresh produce.

If you don't know where or how to share your harvest, Plant a Row for the Hungry can help direct you (http://www.gwaa.org/par or 877-492-2727)

Robyn Stewart
City Parks Foundation
1234 Fifth Ave, room 232