Re: No argument on community gardens being organic. . .

  • Subject: Re: [cg] No argument on community gardens being organic. . .
  • From: Tamsin Salehian tamsin@sparecreative.com
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:02:43 +1000

> New gardens get a free pass from Nature the first year or so because the
> bugs haven't found your veggies yet.  The key is to build soil so that the
> plants are strong and to avail oneself of the "sustainable methods"
> knowledge that is so readily available on the Web and elsewhere.  This
> isn't the 70s any more when "organic" agriculture was a new idea -- there
> is some time and testing behind it now, so using pesticides as crutch just
> isn't necessary anymore.

Bugs have found the garden!!! Our first years grace was only six months.
Come on good guys come and eat these naughties!!! All the goosberries were
eaten by slugs! And slaters are having a ball on fruit and plant roots. I
think I am going to find some good perches for birds and a table and bird
bath...
Tamsin