Re: information on starting a community garden in Memphis, TN

  • Subject: Re: [cg] information on starting a community garden in Memphis, TN
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:58:16 EDT

Subj: [cg] information on starting a community garden in Memphis, TN
Date: 4/12/04 4:26:58 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: vanlee2001@yahoo.com
To: community_garden@mallorn.com
Sent from the Internet

Please help me get started planning comm. gardens here in Memphis. What gov. help is available? how do we get barren land to use and how can we fire up the community to participate? The questions are many. The desire is here. Thank you for your help.

Van Cheeseman

Friend,

I'm running off to a communityboard land use meeting so I can't give you my ususal spiel ( sighs of relief out there in cg land) but there are a few links you need to read carefully, and take two aspirins to make sure that the cg fever doesn't consume you.

American Community Gardening Association

ACGA:Links index

ACGA: Starting a CG

community_garden archives

Successful Leadership Techniques in Community Gardens

WhitmireStudy.html

http://www.cityfarmer.org/

Clinton Community Garden

and last but not least a Memphis, TN link:

Earth Matters . You may want to contact Jim Polk of the Sylvan Park (jim_polk@mindspring.com) and the Edgehill Garden ( EdgehillGarden@comcast.com) both of Nashville, TN, the last time I looked,

Remember friend, that community gardening is some of the best fun you can have with your clothes on, but you really need to do it with alot of other people.

Best wishes,
Adam Honigman
Volunteer,
Clinton Community Garden