Quantifying Gardeners

  • Subject: [cg] Quantifying Gardeners
  • From: Connie Nelson <gardenfoolery@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:53:17 -0700 (PDT)

Does anyone have any measurable number of gardeners in the US?  Even better, a breakdown, even roughly, by demographics (age, gender, economic status etc).
I realize this is wide open, but I'm hunting for numbers of people who garden above and beyond house plant level.
Definition of gardener is up to you, but if you would please include it in any email response, hopefully I can develop a generic definition.
Thanks one and all!
Connie Nelson
Spokane, WA

Do you Yahoo!?