Re: Research Help

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Research Help
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:54:08 EDT

For starters, begin reading the ACGA website, and links completely.  American Community Gardening Association . Carefully reading through ALL
of the pages and ALL of links should give you the right questions to ask.

The short answer is that community gardens are grass roots citizen created open green space, which are created not by guys in offices downtown, but by locals who have decided to clean up abandoned lots and turn them into a hybrid of green oases and/or areas for the local production of fresh vegetables. As public spaces, community gardens are graced with the active participation and life of their surrounding communities, and actually enhance the property values of the adjoining block(s). Please read this astounding study from St. Louis Greening -  WhitmireStudy.html

Please come back to this listserve with your newly formulated queries,

Adam Honigman
Clinton Community Garden

Subj: [cg] Research Help