Re: Raised Garden Bed Materials

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Raised Garden Bed Materials
  • From: "Mike McGrath" <MikeMcG@PTD.net>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:56:30 -0400

TIRES? Why is it that everytime some business has a toxic waste disposal
problem, they try and send it off to people's gardens? Tires leak their
chemicals like mad--including plant-killing levels of zinc. I say ixnay on
tires in the garden--and the nasty smelly rubber mulch they make from them
as well...
  ----Mike McG (whose beds are framed with fieldstone (FREE!), Trex, and the
dearly departed Novawood)