Re: Landscaping...

  • Subject: [cg] Re: [cg]Landscaping...
  • From: LTanenb50@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 18:19:07 EDT

Oh Jim Bourne - landscape design is my field. It actually made me smile in glee at you posted note because I am hyper-aware of all these neat levels there are to discover in land scape design.  And then the field is just bursting with throwing caution to the winds and on the other side, my favorite side, parts of it are still radical in the field for rediscovering and elevating the elements of conservation of landscape design, smart-growth design, valuing the most original of our landscapes. And then, we also want to talk ecology of cities, and about birds and ....
Visit www.csld.edu for a wild and wooly one year intensive Masters degree program in the field of land and landscape design, in the foothills of the Berkshire Mtns. It is all work and job based. You're doing it before you've learned it. For stunning photos of landscapes, gardens, and up close with plants and flowers and trees and shrubs, get Ken Druse' The Natural Garden and The Natural Shade Garden, and also be sure to read David Orr's EARTH IN MIND  - On Education, Environment ,and the Human Prospect.  Orr is an avowedly environmental landscape designer with a very clear political understanding of what's up with  how we live in the above areas. He's done great projects with the students at Oberlin College and on and on.  Go to the sites for Click here: Ecological Landscaping Association, your botanical garden site,  Click here: Green Roofs for Healthy Cities, www.asla.org, .apld.org, gardennet.net, www.chicagowilderness.org/wildchi/landscape/index.cfmLandscape Plants of the Upper Midwest.  Well, you can start there and see what others turn up for you!  Laurie, Chicago.
Laurie Tanenbaum
Grounds For Growth