The buckets! The buckets!

  • Subject: [cg] The buckets! The buckets!
  • From: "Alliums" garlicgrower@green-logic.com
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 08:39:22 -0400

Hi, Folks!

Thanks for all the good advice about pulling apart stuck  5-gallon buckets.

Tomorrow, when I have my St. Gabriel's group again, we're going to try ALL
the suggestions (except for the air compressor, which I don't have, but
obviously should be on some list of VITAL ITEMS NEEDED FOR SUCCESSFUL MARKET
FARMING as there's always *some* guy who uses his air compressor as a
solution for just about any problem one could think of outdoors! ;-) and of
course, the winter-related items [Gee, Jack - it's almost May - where were
you in November when I could have had the kids pour water down the stuck
buckets, closed up the shed for the winter and then unlocked it in March and
found all my buckets magically unstuck {but damp} all over the shed floor?
;-) and David and Sally's suggestions about blasting caps and lighter
fluid/matches [not together - even they aren't that demented! ;-D].

The kids will think I'm nuts (but they already think that anyway - or that I
should have my own show on The Discovery Channel! ;-)), but, by golly, we'll
have every single bucket free so that for Saturday's Work Day, everyone will
have their very own single bucket to do useful things like collect weeds or
transport wood chips and then we will stack them with items in between them
so we never have to do a GRAND BUCKET UN-STICKING again!

Agriculture - who says it's not exciting? :-D

Dorene Pasekoff, Coordinator

A mission of