More Ideas to Get Tools!!
- Subject: [cg] More Ideas to Get Tools!!
- From: "Ben Sommers" firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 11:35:55 -0500
- Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
- Thread-index: AcZYBdhtVh7KbtYKThepuui1j/hAgA==
- Thread-topic: More Ideas to Get Tools!!
Hello Tool-less Gardeners,
In addition to the ideas I posted a couple of weeks ago...(let me know
I'll re-send to you)...a wise and thrifty Canadian Garden Tool Fairy has
suggested a couple of other ideas I would like to pass along.
1) Online postings/exchanges: This one is huge, with endless
possibility... www.craigslist.org <http://www.craigslist.org/> , then
find your city or area; www.freecycle.org <http://www.freecycle.org/> ,
then find your city or area; and, here in Madison, WI we have
MadisonStuffExchange, developed by Dane Co. to limit things going to the
landfill. I have used these all to get and/or get rid of "stuff", and
tools are commonly found on all three.
2) Estate sales, auctions, garage sales
3) If you live in a University town, such as Madison, annual
Moving Weekend provides some of the greatest curbside gleaning/dumpster
diving opportunities known to the human race...boy, we really are
wasteful...last year I got about 20 totally intact tomato cages, shovel,
rake, and hoses...keep your eyes open!!!
Agency & Garden Technician
Community Action Coalition for South Central Wisconsin, Inc.
1717 N. Stoughton Rd.
Madison, WI 53704-2605
(608) 246-4730 ext. 238
Check out our Community Garden Organizer's Handbook for useful
information on keeping your garden running smoothly!
The American Community Gardening Association listserve is only one of ACGA's services to community gardeners. To learn more about the ACGA and to find out how to join, please go to http://www.communitygarden.org
To post an e-mail to the list: email@example.com
To subscribe, unsubscribe or change your subscription: https://secure.mallorn.com/mailman/listinfo/community_garden