More Ideas to Get Tools!!

  • Subject: [cg] More Ideas to Get Tools!!
  • From: "Ben Sommers" bens@cacscw.org
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 11:35:55 -0500

Hello Tool-less Gardeners,

In addition to the ideas I posted a couple of weeks ago...(let me know
I'll re-send to you)...a wise and thrifty Canadian Garden Tool Fairy has
suggested a couple of other ideas I would like to pass along.

1)       Online postings/exchanges: This one is huge, with endless
possibility... www.craigslist.org <http://www.craigslist.org/> , then
find your city or area; www.freecycle.org <http://www.freecycle.org/> ,
then find your city or area; and, here in Madison, WI we have
MadisonStuffExchange, developed by Dane Co. to limit things going to the
landfill.  I have used these all to get and/or get rid of "stuff", and
tools are commonly found on all three.

2)       Estate sales, auctions, garage sales

3)       If you live in a University town, such as Madison, annual
Moving Weekend provides some of the greatest curbside gleaning/dumpster
diving opportunities known to the human race...boy, we really are
wasteful...last year I got about 20 totally intact tomato cages, shovel,
rake, and hoses...keep your eyes open!!!

Happy Spring,

Benjamin Sommers

Agency & Garden Technician

Community Action Coalition for South Central Wisconsin, Inc.

1717 N. Stoughton Rd.

Madison, WI 53704-2605

(608) 246-4730 ext. 238

mailto:bens@cacscw.org <mailto:bens@cacscw.org>

www.cacscw.org/food_gardens/index.htm

Check out our Community Garden Organizer's Handbook for useful
information on keeping your garden running smoothly!
www.cacscw.org/gardens/handbook/index.htm