[cg] Amer. Diet. Assoc. "Organic $$ doesn't justify nutritional value.." On Air (http://www.lifetimetv.com/onair/shows/na/index.html)

I just happen to view a program "New Attitudes" on Lifetime T.V. & was mortified by the statements made by the spokesperson (I forgot her name) of the Amer. Diet. Assc.-- Please note, the Amer. Diet. Assc. makes recommendations to the FDA.  She came just short of justifying the use & comsumption of pesticides/herbicides on produce because of "negligible traces -- 1 part to a million".  She, also, said the organic foods were not anymore nutritionally valuable than those "store-bought", thus leaving the viewer with the message that higher costs of organic was 'unjustified'.  If anyone is interested, I'll send you a copy of the email I "fired off" to this program.  And, please obtain the transcript of this segment to form your own opinion on what exactly was stated.
Cyndy Ross, Fellowship Chairperson
Sylvan Lake Lutheran Church & Community Garden
2399 Figa Avenue
W. Bloomfield, Michigan 48324-1808
Zone 6a
H/Ofc (248) 681-6630
H/Fax (248) 681-3115

This document contains frames, which cannot be edited. The original document is attached.

Title: Lifetime Online: On Air